Sunday, December 1, 2013

Fire Starters


 I am a minimalist at heart and I like making things that are useful.  These fire starters are easy to make using items you would normally throw away.  They would make a nice gift for someone that has a fire place (assuming they wouldn't be offended at receiving your old dryer lint). 


Stuff dryer lint into the cardboard tube.  Wrap a piece of magazine paper around the roll and tie with twine.

To use, place on a few twigs, put kindling around and light

It really works well and gets the fire going without a lot of hassle.

I keep a basket of these by the fireplace.  I also have some that I added dried herbs to, like sage and rosemary.  They look pretty and smell nice.  So, if you were looking for a way to reuse dryer lint (I know you were!), look no more.

4 comments:

  1. This is absolutely brilliant! I just love how you have reused things for this handy fire starter!!!! You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful way to re-use items, which get thrown away. And for a useful purpose.

    We no longer have a wood-burning fireplace. It's been replaced with gas. But for those who still enjoy the real thing, this is such a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, have you ever considered simply putting Comment Moderation Setting on??? And not making Dear Readers do that awful silly letter and numbers thing??? Some bloggers simply will not comment, when those are on...

    Just asking.......

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually Tessa - a friend of mine just asked that very same thing. To be honest, I didn't even realize it was enabled. Your wish will be granted - and thanks for reminding me! I meant to do this over the weekend.

      Delete