Saturday, July 26, 2014

Summer Dinner

 Bok choy and mustard greens from the garden with a few foraged greens as well.

Heat olive oil in a pan, add minced garlic, shredded carrots and sweet peppers - saute.

Add chopped greens - saute

Stir in cooked rice (I also added some corn and peas which were in the fridge and needed used up).

Serve with a fried egg and saracha.

This is one of my favorite meals to make right now.  It's hearty, filling, and can be used with any variety of vegetables on hand.  It's versatile and can be amended with whatever is growing.

This is best served on the deck at dusk with a glass of cucumber-mint water.

9 comments:

  1. It looks just perfect in flavor! Delicious!!! Love the egg on top!! Thanks for sharing friend! Lovely week to you! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even my picky tween doesn't mind it too much.

      Delete
  2. I guess that almost anything cooked with vegetables straight from the garden must taste delicious :) Especially when eaten on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true - eating outside is good for the appetite.

      Delete
  3. Add some edamame and that's pretty much what I eat all the time! Except for the egg....looks yummy! I'll have to try that addition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I eat a fried egg on just about everything: sandwiches, salads, stirfries, and asian soups. When you have a good supply, why not?

      Delete
  4. As I type I'm waiting for Mr H to come home with dinner. This post is making my mouth water. It looks delicious and I love anything with an egg on top!

    ReplyDelete