Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Home Made Peanut Butter Cups - ***Warning Contains Nuts***

Use 12 mini cupcake liners
Melt 3/4 c semi sweet chocolate chips.  Add 2 tbsp of peanut butter to the melted chocolate, and stir.
Place 1 tsp of the chocolate mixture into each liner.  I use a chopstick to swirl it around and make a small impression in the middle.  It also helps to spread the chocolate up the sides a bit. Refrigerate.

Meanwhile, mix 1/2 c creamy natural peanut butter, 1/4 c powder sugar, a pinch of sea salt, and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract into a pasty mixture.

Divide peanut butter mixture between the 12 liners.  Form into balls and pat down a bit.  Top them off with more melted chocolate mixture (you may need to reheat the mixture if it has cooled too much).  Spread the chocolate over the PB.

Chill 1 hour.  These make great gifts.  They are also nice just to have around for a special treat.  The chocolate is super creamy.  You can sprinkle a bit of sea salt on top as well if you like a more sweet/salty combo.  You can also top these with mini pretzels before chilling.  YUM!



5 comments:

  1. MY FAVORITE combination! I love peanut butter and chocolate! AHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'd mail them to you if I knew they wouldn't be a hot mess upon arrival!

      Delete
  2. HAHAHA It's the thought that counts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look absolutely DELICIOUS, I shall definitely be trying these ! Thank you for your message on my blog, it led me to your blog, beautiful pictures. Whereabouts are you ?
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I live on the East Coast in the beautiful state of WV.

      Delete