Saturday, November 29, 2014

Tea for Two - Turning Four

I have two little nieces that were born 4 days apart. Since both my sisters find it hard to get everyone together two weekends in a row and so close to Thanksgiving, they decided to have them share a birthday party. It was perfect.  My mother is a pro at hosting teas, so naturally they asked if she could host the party.  The mamas enjoyed the day just as much as the little girls.

This is the kids table. Yes, the kids table...and not a thing was broken or spilled! They passed around the cream and sugar. It was so cute to see them try to use the tiny tongs for the sugar cubes (of which they used way too many!). 
A four layer cake for each year of their little lives.  My sister made one for each of them.  We sang Happy Birthday to them separately so each had their moment in the spotlight.


The adults were served this china which is over 100 years old. 

Goody bags with tiaras, pearl necklaces, fingernail polish, and makeup

Each girl received a rose. 
My sister and mother made kid friendly tea sandwiches including PB&J as well as the above ham and cheese.


There were sweets a plenty including chocolate covered strawberries and dark chocolate gelato.
 The party went really well. I was surprised at how entertained the girls were just playing grown up at the table. One of them told their mom that it was the best party she had ever been to.

7 comments:

  1. What a stunning party!!! Just look at all of the beautiful details in the food and the dishes and the table linens!!! LOVED it!!! I think you have given me some ideas for my bean girls! Wishing you a wonderful weekend!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you would have a blast throwing this party and it would be spectacular.

      Delete
  2. Sweet, oh I wish I could have come. :-)
    I love tea parties and I can tell this one was very special.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really special. You are never too old for a tea party in my book!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely beautiful. I love the attention to detail and those birthday cakes are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, both my sister and mother are talented in the arena of attention to detail! I missed that somehow in the gene pool.

      Delete
  4. What an adorable little party. Everything looks so delicate and special. I bet the girls loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete