Saturday, September 13, 2014

On the farm


We recently went to a local farm to meet some animals and assisted in feeding and watering them. 

 This is a baby miniature pony. It was the size of a large stuffed animal, only this guy was real and oh so cute!
You don't normally find camels on farms, but this farm doubles as a petting zoo, so they have a few unconventional animals they've rescued along the way. 



We held bunnies and scratched goats behind their ears.  We fed snakes, lizards, guinea pigs, and chickens. We pet cows, horses, pigs and donkeys.  It was so much fun.  It was like being at the county fair, minus the crowds and funnel cake. 

8 comments:

  1. That pony is unreal!!! He is beyond adorable! And I could so do this as crowds for me are no fun! Looks like the kids had an amazing time! Wonderful photos friend! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son's friend could literally just pick it up and carry it around, it was so funny.

      Delete
  2. Your blog is lovely Kate, and thank you for visiting mine! I'm thinking after perusing your blog that you live in my area? I moved to WV from Richmond VA a couple years ago. I esp. love your mushroom photos! They remind me of a hike we took once in Prince William Forest Park near Fredericksburg. You should bring your kids to the Shenandoah Fiber Fest in Berryville last weekend this month! Lots of furry animals will be there, and I'll be set up there, too. I've joined your blog so we can stay in touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Cynthia. What a small world! We are headed to CO at the end of the month, but the fiber fest sounds fun!

      Delete
  3. That miniature horse! SOOO cute! What a beautiful place to take the kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of your "so cute I died" on Pinterest. haha

      Delete
    2. YESSSSS! It's happening now...that tiny horsie is being pinned!

      Delete
  4. Looks like a fun day out, that pony is just too cute and I love love love the pigs... I have a thing for pigs! x

    ReplyDelete